It’s been a hot second since I shared a Life Lately post with you all, but it feels good to be writing one again. A lot has happened over the past few months, and it honestly feels like time is just flying by.
In these posts, I like to give you a little update on what my life has been like recently. But, I would also love to hear how you’ve been lately! Definitely let me know what you’ve been up to recently in the comments below.
First things first…
We Got Married!
Start with the most important news first, right?
Kyle and I knew that we wanted to get legally married this summer so that I could get on his insurance. Romantic, I know—but you do what you gotta do for good health insurance.
We had a small ceremony with just close family in August, and we were originally hoping to have a larger celebration next fall.
However, I’m still a bit nervous to schedule anything because of COVID, especially since a lot of Kyle’s family will be traveling from South Korea. So, we are just waiting to plan anything until everything has calmed down a bit.
It’s so funny because we are doing everything out of order: we got legally married first, then we are doing engagement photos in November, and we will hopefully have a larger celebration in a year or two.
That being said, for all my COVID brides out there—I know it’s an unbelievably stressful time to plan and schedule a wedding, so I’m sending you lots and lots of love ♡
The other exciting change recently has been a new job for me!
About a month ago, I started a new position at Food Blogger Pro, and I’ve really been enjoying it so far. I’ve talked about my love for all things FBP on the blog before, and it’s so neat being able to see how it works on the other side.
The great part about this new role is that I’m constantly talking to and helping out other food bloggers. I feel like I’m learning something new every day, and it’s so rewarding to put that knowledge to use here on The Bakers’ Almanac.
If you want to learn more about FBP and what it’s all about, you can read more here.
Soaking Up All the Fall Vibes
Every year, I get all the warm and fuzzy feelings when the leaves start to change, and I love walking around and admiring the foliage on crisp, cozy October days.
We traveled up to Boston last weekend to spend some time with family, and it was such a nice getaway. Is there anything quite like New England in the fall?
One of the days we were there, we drove up to New Hampshire to visit the White Mountains. Along the way, we stopped at the cutest coffee shop called Horseshoe Cafe in Newmarket, NH that had the most divine orange sourdough cinnamon rolls. Definitely check it out if you’re ever in the area!
We really enjoyed taking pictures at the scenic overlooks in the mountain range, and the views were absolutely breathtaking.
My Latest Obsessions
I’m not sure what has changed recently, but I have been reading so many books.
I set a challenge on my Goodreads account to read 40 books this year, and I am two books ahead of schedule! I’m hoping that I can actually get a bit closer to 50 books, but I’m trying to not put too much pressure on myself.
Here are a few books I devoured recently:
- The Dutch House — this one started off slow and really sucked me in as I got into it. And after reading the last few pages, I couldn’t stop thinking about it! Also, apparently the audiobook is narrated by Tom Hanks, so I am deeply regretting my decision to read the physical book…
- Midnight Sun — okay, I’m a bit embarrassed to admit this one. Growing up, I was a big Twilight fan, so I couldn’t resist the urge to read the first book from Edward’s perspective. And, to be honest, this book exceeded my expectations!
- Silent Scream — I am a sucker for a good British crime novel, and this one blew me away. It definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat, and it’s almost impossible to guess what will happen next.
In terms of TV shows, Kyle and I finished watching all seven seasons of New Girl, and I was sad to reach the last episode. The show didn’t feel quite as polished by the end, but it was really fun to watch all the way through.
I’ve also been catching up on this season of The Great British Bake Off, and it’s been such a lovely distraction from the world. Though I have to admit that I would be very nervous if Paul Hollywood judged my bakes…
My Recent Buys
Here are some of the items I’ve been obsessed with lately:
- I recently transferred all of our spices into these glass spice jars, and I’m absolutely obsessed. They made our kitchen look so much more organized!
- Last year, Kyle’s mom brought me this Hera sunscreen over from South Korea, and I recently bought a replacement for it on Amazon. It’s honestly the only sunscreen I like to use nowadays, and it’s perfect for pale skin like mine.
- I have always been fed up with my short eyelashes, but I started using this Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes Mascara a few months ago, and it has changed my life! It goes on so smoothly and doesn’t leave any clumps.
- This Brickell Skin Care Set is geared towards men, but I have been using it for a few months now, and it has cleared my skin up so. freaking. much. I’d been dealing with hormonal acne for a while, and this has honestly been such a gamechanger in healing that.
Kitten snuggles, 20-minute cleans, lobster rolls, long runs in Central Park, library books, weekend pancakes, Sunday football, finding new podcasts, and fall candles.
Check out the latest recipes and articles:
- Homemade Pumpkin Granola
- The Ultimate Baking Glossary
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- 7 Ways to Deal with Blogger Burnout