Welcome to The Baker's Almanac!
Here on the blog, I share delicious baking recipes, informative articles, and step-by-step tutorials to help you gain confidence in the kitchen. If you're new here, or would like an overview, here are some of the highlights.
Since starting my blog in 2019, there have been several recipes that have really resonated with my readers. Here are some of the most popular recipes on The Baker's Almanac!
- Oat Milk Matcha Latte
- Earl Grey Lavender Cupcakes
- Snickerdoodle Scones
- Peach and Blackberry Fruit Pizza
- Vegan Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Raspberry Star Anise Jam
- Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
Baking Tips & Tricks
Aside from recipes, I love sharing tips to help you improve your baking skills. Here are some articles you might find useful!
- The Ultimate Fruit Flavor Pairing Chart
- How to Develop Original Recipes
- How to Test if a Cake is Done
- Baking Soda vs. Baking Powder
- The Ultimate Baking Pantry Essentials Guide
Pastry School Recaps
In 2018, I took the plunge and attended pastry school at the International Culinary Center. I recapped the entire experience here on the blog, as well as some thoughts about if pastry school is worth it.
- Pastry School Recap #1: Deciding to Go to Pastry School
- Pastry School Recap #2: Cookies, Tarts, Pies, and Pȃte à Choux
- Pastry School Recap #3: Pâte Feuilletée, Cake 1, Bread, & Viennoiserie
- Pastry School Recap #4: Cake 2, Petit Fours, & Midterm Examination
- Pastry School Recap #5: Chocolate 1, Individual Desserts 1, & Sugar 1
- Pastry School Recap #6: Chocolate 2, Sugar 2, & Cake 3
- Pastry School Recap #7: Individual Desserts 2, Restaurant Day, & Final Exam
- Is Pastry School Worth It?
Culinary Industry Articles
After graduating pastry school, I worked at The Dutch in New York City as a pastry cook. During my year there, I learned a lot about the ins and outs of the culinary industry, and I have numerous articles about my experience here on TBA.