This delicious peach cardamom jam takes only four ingredients to make with no pectin required!
- 4 cups yellow peaches (765 g)
- Juice of half a lemon (20 g)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (385 g)
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom (4 g)
- Peel the peaches, then remove all the pits. Roughly slice the peaches into 1/2-in cubes and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sliced peaches, lemon juice, sugar, and ground cardamom, and place on the stove over medium-high heat.
- As it starts to heat up, mash the peaches with a potato masher or fork. Alternatively, you can buzz the peaches with an immersion blender to break them down faster.
- Once the jam comes to a boil, let it continue to boil for 1 minute, then reduce the heat down to medium-low.
- Let the jam continue to cook for around 10-15 minutes so that it thickens up. The jam will be done when it starts to stick to the bottom of the pan. You can also test to see if it’s done by placing a spoon in the freezer, dipping it in the jam, and running another spoon through the jam. If it leaves behind a distinct trail, it’s ready!
- Remove the jam from the heat and transfer to mason jars or other containers. Let cool completely before serving.
- Once cool, store the jam in the fridge so that it stays fresh. This jam will last for several weeks if stored properly in the fridge.
- Category: Jam
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach jam, peach cardamom jam, how to make jam