All the delicious flavor of the St. Patrick's Day treat enjoyed at home! This Homemade Shamrock Shake takes only three ingredients to make, and it tastes just as good as the original version from McDonald's.
- 1 cup (150g) vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup (114g) whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1-2 drops green food coloring
- Optional for serving: whipped cream & maraschino cherry
- In a blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, whole milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring. Blend until the mixture is smooth and you've achieved your desired shade of green.
- Pour the shake into your desired glass and serve. To take the milkshake to the next level, top it with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
- Consistency: For a thicker milkshake, reduce the amount of milk to 1/3 cup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shamrock shake, milkshake, peppermint, mcdonald's copycat