Rich, creamy homemade hot chocolate flavored with a hint of peppermint! You'll only need five ingredients to make this delicious holiday drink.
- 2 cups (454g) whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (43g) semisweet chocolate (chips, chunks, or shavings)
- 3 tablespoons peppermint syrup
- In a medium saucepan, combine the whole milk, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and semisweet chocolate.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a boil while whisking constantly. This helps ensure that the chocolate doesn't burn on the bottom.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from the heat and whisk in the peppermint syrup. Let cool to your desired temperature, then serve.
- Scaling: If you'd like, you can double or triple this recipe to serve a crowd. Just make sure to use a large pot or larger-size saucepan.
- Inspiration: This recipe is adapted from Natasha's Kitchen. I made just a few tweaks to her hot chocolate recipe and added in peppermint syrup to create this version.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint hot chocolate, hot chocolate, homemade hot chocolate, starbucks copycat peppermint hot chocolate