This Raspberry Star Anise Jam takes only fifteen minutes to make, and it's a delicious twist on a classic recipe!
- 2 cups (304g) fresh raspberries
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- Juice of half of lemon (12g)
- 5 (7g) star anise
- In a medium pot, combine raspberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and star anise. Heat mixture over high heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula. Once the mixture starts to bubble up along the sides of the pot, reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the mixture for 10-12 minutes, or until you start to feel it thicken. To test if the jam is ready, I usually like to run my spatula along the bottom of the pot in a straight line. If it takes more than a second for the line to fill back up, the jam is usually ready. I like to err on the side of caution and take the jam off almost too early—if it's not done yet, you can always return it back to the heat.
- Once ready, remove the pot from the heat and transfer the jam to a heatproof container. Remove the star anise pods, and be sure to seal the container tightly to prolong the shelf life of the jam. Let the jam cool completely at room temperature, then transfer to the fridge.
- Stored properly in an airtight container, this jam will usually last for two months in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 13.2 g
- Sodium: 0.4 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: raspberry star anise jam, jam, raspberry jam