Fudgy, delicious brownies studded with pecans and topped with homemade salted caramel sauce! These salted caramel turtle brownies are the indulgent treat you didn't know you needed in your life.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (190g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 17 tablespoons (240g) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs (150g)
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (80g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (114g) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (45g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup homemade salted caramel sauce
- Optional: A handful of pecans, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside. If you let some of the paper hang over the sides of the pan, it will make it easier to remove the brownies later.
- Combine the semisweet chocolate and unsalted butter in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 30-second increments until melted. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), beat together the eggs and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl well.
- Pour the chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture and mix well to combine, scraping as needed.
- Add in the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and mix until just combined. Finally, add in the chopped pecans and chocolate chips and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool completely in the pan.
- Once the brownies have cooled, pour slightly cooled salted caramel sauce directly on top of the brownies. Top with pecans if desired, and let the caramel solidify a bit before cutting the brownies into squares and serving.
- Cover and store leftover brownies at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Chocolate Chips: I like to use semisweet chocolate chips for this recipe, but you could use milk chocolate or dark chocolate if preferred.
- Caramel Sauce: If you've never tried making caramel from scratch, now's your chance! I love using my homemade salted caramel sauce for this recipe, but a store-bought caramel also works.
- Yield: The number of brownies that this recipe yields depends on how large you cut the brownies. I typically like to cut out 24 brownies when using a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brownies, salted caramel turtle brownies, salted caramel, turtle brownies, pecans