Chewy, gooey, s'mores rice krispie treats! Studded with chopped graham crackers and chocolate chunks, they're a treat the whole family will love. I know I'll be whipping up batches of these all summer.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 bags (20 oz) mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups (285g) Rice Krispies or crispy rice cereal
- 8 graham crackers, roughly chopped (plus more for topping, if desired)
- 4.5 oz milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Generously spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or grease with butter, then set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat. (Set the butter wrapper aside — we'll use it later!)
- Once melted, add in the mini marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula, until the marshmallows have completely melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Working quickly with the pot still off the heat, add in the Rice Krispies and stir well to combine, making sure to scrape the bottom well. Then, add in the chopped graham crackers and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, then use the butter wrapper to lightly press it down until you have an even layer. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate on top, then press down to adhere the chocolate to the top of the treats. You can also sprinkle on additional chopped graham crackers if desired.
- Let the treats cool for at least an hour before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- Cover and store leftover treats at room temperature for up to 3 days. When storing, place in layers between sheets of parchment or wax paper.
- Milk chocolate: To mimic that classic s'mores flavor, I used Hershey's chocolate for this recipe, but feel free to use whatever chocolate you like. Semisweet or dark chocolate would also work here.
- Yield: Using a 9 x 13-inch pan, this recipe yields 12 large rice krispie treats, but you can cut them whatever size you'd like.
- Inspiration: Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cool Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rice krispie treats, s'mores rice krispie treats, s'mores