These Vegan Peanut Butter Blossoms take only one bowl and less than thirty minutes to make, and they are guaranteed to make your mouth water!
Peanut Butter Blossoms:
- 1/2 cup packed coconut oil (110 g)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (100 g)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (173 g)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (45 g)
- 6 tablespoons plant-based milk (66 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (8 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (4 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (4 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (3 g)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (312.5 g)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (92 g)
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into 1/2-in squares (150 g)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Make the peanut butter blossoms: In a stand mixer or a large bowl, cream together the packed coconut oil and light brown sugar. Once combined, add in the creamy peanut butter and mix until incorporated. Next, add in pure maple syrup, plant-based milk, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl. Add in the all-purpose flour and mix until just combined (be careful not to overmix). Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, measure out the granulated sugar and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll the dough into one-inch round balls. Drop the balls into the granulated sugar and coat the entire surface evenly.
- Transfer cookies to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. The tops of the cookies should start to crinkle a little bit, and that's when you know they're perfect! Remove the tray from the oven.
- While the cookies are still hot, place a 1/2-in square of dark chocolate directly in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool completely before serving.
- Feel free to use any plant-based milk you'd like—I personally like to use unsweetened almond milk, and it works great.
- For this recipe, I used 71% Cacao Dark Chocolate, but you can use whatever kind of dark chocolate you prefer! To keep the recipe vegan, make sure to use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
Keywords: cookies, vegan, peanut butter blossoms