Skip the takeout tonight and try making this Beef Fried Rice at home! Ready in less than 20 minutes, it’s delicious on its own or served as a side.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce + more as needed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Lightly season the steak with salt and pepper, then cook it in the frying pan until the outside is lightly browned. Keep the steak in the pan for the next step.
- Add another 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to the frying pan, then add in the diced onions and mushrooms. Season with some more salt and pepper, then cook until the vegetables are soft and the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Reduce the heat down to medium, then add the rice into the frying pan, followed by the peas, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and mirin. Mix thoroughly to combine and cook until all the ingredients are the same temperature.
- Next, push the fried rice to one side of the frying pan to create an empty space for the eggs. Pour the eggs directly into the pan and scramble until they are cooked through. Once fully cooked, mix the eggs in with the rest of the fried rice ingredients. Taste and season with extra soy sauce, salt, and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to three days.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Asian