Easy to make and delicious, these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins make a perfect breakfast or snack when you're on the go.
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon (3g) salt
- 1 tablespoon (12g) baking powder
- 1 cup (227g) milk
- 4 tablespoons (56.5g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg (50g)
- 1 teaspoon (4g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (167g) strawberries, finely chopped
- ¾ cup (127.5g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the muffins: In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix well to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Mix together until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Finally, add in the chopped strawberries and chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Divide mixture evenly into muffin cups, filling the cups about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool on a wire rack completely before serving.
- Wrapped in an airtight container, these muffins will stay fresh at room temperature for 3-5 days. Alternatively, you can wrap them individually and freeze them for up to 2 months.
- To keep your muffins light and moist, it's crucial to not overmix the batter! Just combine all the ingredients together gently until there are no more visible streaks of flour.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: muffins, strawberry chocolate, strawberry muffins